Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs
Warning, these Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs are absolutely filthy! Rich and creamy no bake cheesecake on a bed buttery biscuit crumbs, encased by a smooth milk chocolate egg, topped with the nations favourite mini eggs.
- 60 g Digestive biscuits crushed
- 45 g Unsalted butter melted
- 250 g Full fat mascarpone cheese a lighter version or standard cream cheese may result in your eggs not setting properly
- 120 g Double cream
- 80 g Icing sugar sift
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 72g Easter eggs halved
- 100 g Mini eggs crushed
Mix together the digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter, tip onto a lined baking tray and chill for 15 minutes
Meanwhile beat together the mascarpone, vanilla extract and icing sugar until smooth. Pour in the double cream, mix until fully combined and set to one side. *The mascarpone/vanilla/icing sugar mixture should be quite thick. If it's runny you will need whip the cream to soft peaks before mixing into the mascarpone mixture* The cheesecake filling should be the consistency of double cream that's been whipped to soft peaks (or firmer) to set properly.
Remove the chilled biscuit from the fridge and crush into small crumbs. Add a heaped table spoon to each Easter egg half.
Top with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle half with the crushed mini eggs. Allow the Cheesecake filled Easter Eggs to set in the fridge for an hour, or overnight if making ahead. These will keep for 3 days in the fridge but are best served straight away.
Tried this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @TheDelectableGarden
1. If the egg is stuck together use a warm pallet knife to score around the seam to gently prise apart.
2. Use full fat mascarpone, a lighter version or standard cream cheese may result in a runny cheesecake. Mascarpone also tastes better.
3. Mix it up, decorate with chocolate of your choice.
4. If the cheesecake mixture is too soft it may not set properly. It should be the consistency of double cream whipped to soft peaks (or a little firmer) to set properly. If your mixture is a little runny give it a whisk before adding to the chocolate eggs to set.