Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs
Warning, these Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs are absolutely filthy! Rich and creamy no bake cheesecake on a bed of buttery biscuit crumbs, encased by a smooth milk chocolate egg, topped with the nations favourite mini eggs.
The fresh produce has about run dry in The Delectable Garden. This gives me permission to step away from the usual vegetables, fruit and herbs, and gives me the freedom to be creative with my favourite part of a meal, dessert!
Mrs Hinch just made and shared my Cheesecake Filled Easter Egg recipe! You can still see the post on her Instagram Story Highlights under the heading ‘Food’. If you are visiting The Delectable Garden from Mrs Hinch’s Post, welcome. I hope you enjoy the recipe. Please don’t forget to tag me @TheDelectableGarden and Mrs Hinch when you make them! I will try to share as many of them as I can.
More Easter Fun
If you are looking for more Easter fun with the family try my Triple Chocolate Mini Egg Easter Brownies. They are super fudgy and chewy. You’ll be surprised how easy they are to make and how cute they look.
Easter eggs are my favourite type of chocolate. The thickness is just right for the chocolate to start melting as soon as it hits the tongue. I didn’t think Easter eggs could get any better, then I discovered you can chop them in half and slap a cheesecake in them.
Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs are really easy to whip together and they will certainly impress your loved ones. You can go all out with decorating but the more you add the sicklier it will be, so keep it simple.
I always wondered why Easter Eggs went on sale from January, when Easter isn’t for months later. When I posted this recipe in March 2019 it was an instant hit. As expected traffic to this post died down towards the end of the year. Then boom, January 1st arrived and the post went wild. It makes me think of the age old question. What came first, our craving for the Easter Egg or the advertising?!? So it appears there is an appetite for Easter Eggs from January. I welcome the extended season, I love Easter and this recipe. I hope you enjoy making my Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs.
Cheesecake Filled Easter Egg
Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs
- 60 g Digestive biscuits crushed
- 45 g Unsalted butter melted
- 250 g Full fat mascarpone cheese a lighter version or standard cream cheese may result in your eggs not setting properly
- 120 g Double cream
- 80 g Icing sugar sift
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 72g Easter eggs halved
- 100 g Mini eggs crushed
- Mix together the digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter, tip onto a lined baking tray and chill for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile beat together the mascarpone, vanilla extract and icing sugar until smooth. Pour in the double cream, mix until fully combined and set to one side. *The mascarpone/vanilla/icing sugar mixture should be quite thick. If it's runny you will need whip the cream to soft peaks before mixing into the mascarpone mixture* The cheesecake filling should be the consistency of double cream that's been whipped to soft peaks (or firmer) to set properly.
- Remove the chilled biscuit from the fridge and crush into small crumbs. Add a heaped table spoon to each Easter egg half.
- Top with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle half with the crushed mini eggs. Allow the Cheesecake filled Easter Eggs to set in the fridge for an hour, or overnight if making ahead. These will keep for 3 days in the fridge but are best served straight away.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake
Following the success of my Cheesecake Filled Easter Egg Recipe I decided to share a recipe on Instagram to make a full-sized cheesecake for you to enjoy all year round. Click here for the recipe.Its the same great recipe but it’s been adapted so you can enjoy for any occasion, not just easter.
You can play around with the toppings, try other fruits, salted caramel, or even your favourite chocolate bar crushed up. Give it a try and don’t forget to tag me.
Please share, like and send me your comments using the social media icons below. Keep an eye out for the Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs video, it’s my first!
Pin this recipe for later.
Love Chocolate? Try my Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart.
I told you they were filthy……..