Pink Grapefruit and Tarragon Infused Gin
Pink Grapefruit and Tarragon Infused Gin may sound like a strange mix but trust me its amazing, even if you don’t normally like Grapefruit!
The mix of dry gin, tangy pink grapefruit, and bittersweet tarragon blend evenly into a delicious and stimulating summer drink. Best of all its super easy to make and is ready in 4 days. Not a gin fan? Vodka is equally delicious.
1 Pink Grapefruit
1 sprig tarragon from the garden
1. Using a vegetable peeler remove the rind being careful not to remove the white pith with it. The pith is what makes citrus fruits bitter.
2. Keep halving the fruit until you have eight slices. Use a sharp knife to cut along the line where the fruit meets the pith then discard the pith.
3. Put the rind and fruit in a large sterilised jar, top up with the gin and shake daily for three days. Keep the jar in a cool dark place.
4. On day four, rinse and pat dry the sprig of tarragon, place it between your palms and rub gently, then add to the jar and shake. Leave for one more day in a cool dark place.
5. Give the jar a final shake before pouring the mixture through a fine sieve into a jug, then pour straight into a sterile glass bottle. Its important not to squeeze the fruit mix when passing through a sieve, allow it to stand and drip through.
6. Enjoy with lots of ice and tonic water.
Perfect for summer BBQs or as a homemade gift.
For 18+ years, please drink responsibly.